Sunday, September 7, 2008

Assignment 3 steps

So I've done my assignment 3. Wee.


So I started off with this.


I added a brown ground using the pen tool.


And so i repeated the steps for the green ground and pink ground.


Remember this technique? I applied the ground shadow technique using the same one as I did during my assignment 2 - added new layer, drew the shadow paths with pen tool, copy the previous layer's ground and pasted at back on the layer of the shadow path, then using the select tool, I selected both the ground and shadow path and intersected them, then I used gradient tool on the ground and put multiply mode so it blends.


And I repeated the steps.

Look! I used object > Blend > Blend options > Choose "Specified steps" > Set to 20 > blend on my flower petal, again.


After that, I formed a shape of a flower by using copy paste, and played with the transparency of the petals as well.


I copy pasted again and formed a bed of flowers on the ground.


I also used the same blend method to do the veins of for the flowers. Otherwise, how do you think they breathe or collect water from ground? :P


And then I created the fence using pen tool once again, copy pasted, and lined them in a row, then made a long horizontal rectangle to show that the fence are nailed to it to form a row, just like any other fences. And also, I added a clear blue sky background.


And then, I used the flare tool to show sunlight shining in the sky happily, and some clouds, then Gaussian blurred (with 14.0cm) the clouds to show blurriness and cloud-like elements.


And this, I added a sun using the ellipse tool and once again, Gaussian blurred it (with radius 14.0cm).


I felt like the sun wasn't threatening enough, so I used the select tool once again and maximized the sun to show threat.


Then, i made a simple tree with the pencil tool, and then I used chalk scribble brush to do the shadowed part of the tree.


Moved the tree into the background using the select tool to cover the sun up to show protection.


And time for the words, I played around with effect > warp and changed the outer line brush with chalk scribble brush again. Actually, I used the pen tool to create a path, then selected the type on a path tool to type over the line i created with pen tool,then played around with the paths. I also played around with the outer and inner line for the sub-description texts and just tilted it sideways using the select tool.


With that, I used the same method learnt and applied to the project charter for the poster. And I'm done.

No comments: