Sunday, July 13, 2008

Symbol sketches

Sweet! Finally I have my own scanner, thus, I can scan all my stuff in the nick of time. :P

No, you need a passport to borrow my scanner. Muahaha.

Anyway, sketches sketches!




My flame and baby tree sketch practice is also here as you can see.

Alright, time for symbol explanation!

Baby & flame 1 - As you can see, it's a candle-baby. Fire represents the global warming heat fire thingie, yeah you get it. As for the baby-shaped candle, basically it shows the baby is being burnt and melting bit by bit. Our future generation will take the suffering, and will die out 1 by 1 if we don't do something. As for the baby's hands, they're clutching on together, bearing the heat and suffering for what we are doing.

Baby & flame 2 - My original 1st idea on the symbol, a baby crying due to being burnt. As mentioned, fire = global warming, and the baby, crying due to suffering the heat and sicknesses caused by global warming. Hand clutching together due to pain, suffering, bearing it all, and in a position in such a way that will make us think, "will they stand up and make it and fight global warming? Or will they fall back down and give up, forever?"

Baby & flame 3 - Something like baby & flame 2, only that the baby (future generation) gives up and dies off, not fighting the heat. Human will extinct if we don't do anything. Mostly sadistic and a direct message/scolding to the world.

Girl, guy, love, tree - A happy symbol for once, as I said, I took up Mdm. Koo's advice and did something less dramatic and scary since everyone is opting for that option, and basically represents little boy and girl of our future generation, holding up a tree, smiling and helping to save the world by planting more greens on the earth, with a heart to show their love for the world, and a string connecting them to show their bondings and their unity. :D

I did do a small, sketchy sketchy of baby & flame 1 on Adobe Illustrator for a bit.


You can say it's a rough sketch with Illustrator. I will re-do it if Mdm. Koo approves.

Until then, ta ta!

1 comment:

Koo AC said...

Hi Charlene,

FYI, this week, I need to attend a conference at KL, Mdm Lydia will replace me. I will ask Mdm Lydia to call you for a presentation. Just be prepared!

About your symbol, I have seen many ideas on the negative side of global warming, what about your CUTE boy and girl, and an adorable tree as the final idea for your symbol, I think that is cool and a challenge for you to do it in illustrator. Could you pls plan want tools and techniques you want to use in illustrator. Share that to your friend, today.

Thanks, very good progress! Keep up this good work.