Friday, August 8, 2008

References for illustrations

Ahhh, so here are some references I would like to follow for my illustration, please guide me or tell me where I'm wrong if I did something differently!


Picture courtesy to Jiyu.

I know, I know, anime/manga artstyles are overrated and should not be used in my illustration, but I'm taking it as a ref for baby body propotions and that's the best one I could find.

Since I can't do realism babies, I'll just do a cartoony one, more to my style. Yes, I've practiced realism babies on illustrator and they turned out to look like a 15-year old mutated girl who's screaming in pain.

Picture courtesy to AnimeFactory.

And this is some super cute baby drawing style I might consider using.

Picture courtesy to Egg-demon.

This would be a typical cartoon-baby propotion, but I think it's too cutesy. Maybe I could reference on the teddy bear on the floor.


Picture courtesy to Rapsody.

Awww, now that's what I call a perfect cartoon baby!

That's pretty much it for baby references I might use for my illustration.

No comments: